Welcome back to Camp NaNo updates!
For those of you who care, yes I have showered since last week. And I feel SO much better. I came down with an energy-sucking cold last week. But, I did have to juggle 2 sick kiddos….poor babies. They’re both improving though 🙂
For those of you who have no idea what in the world Camp NaNo is, the website is here. Basically, Camp NaNo is like NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month, which occurs in November) but much more organized. It’s happening right now throughout the month of April.
If you missed last week’s update, you can go here to find it.
My Camp NaNo goals.
- To go through my current manuscript 2x (lofty goal, I know)
- To create a working timeline for this MS
- To use the timeline to address all of the continuity problems going on, which there are multiple, hence why I need to create a timeline.
- To write a synopsis.
- New Goal: to write a Novel Manifesto. What is that?? Check out K.M. Weiland’s article on writing a novel Manifesto. It’s fascinating. (I think I’m creating too many goals for myself…)
My Progress so far:
- I am 2/3 done going through the first pass on my MS. Not sure why I made the goal to go through it twice. I suppose I have way more time in my head than I do in reality. lol
- As mentioned last week, timeline is complete. YEY
- And I am so glad that it’s complete because it’s helped me keep scenes and events realistic and in line.
- Synopsis: well…I went back and worked on a long synopsis for book 1. Sidetracked a bit? mhm
- Manifesto: Still have no idea when I’ll get to this. I’ll need at least a couple of hours by myself. “inspects calendar for the best Saturday in which to kick family out of the house.
“Dramatic drum roll” So far, as of last night, I have read through/rewritten some/edited 48,010 words. AHH!
I’ve rewritten (to the best estimate I can manage) about 14,000 ish
Some of that is synopsis stuff I might not actually use, but you never know.
Favorite snippets from last week:
From chapter 21:
The subtle, faint sound of someone knocking on his door coaxed him from a deep, dark sleep. A sleep that hadn’t come until two in the morning. As he descended out of his dream state, he fumbled and grasped for the images of Jenna that had been solid only moments ago. Knocking persisted from somewhere far away; gradually solidifying.
How is your Camp NaNo progress?? What are some of your favorite lines?
If you have your own Camp NaNo blog update, leave it in the comments